Built in 1912, ‘Aalsmeerderweg’ train station was part of the former Aalsmeer – Haarlem railway. In 1936, the line was decommissioned and the station put out of service. Five years later, the Nazis who occupied The Netherlands between 1940 and 1945, built a railroad track to nearby Schiphol Airport, to transport ammunition and weapons. After the war ended, the railroad track was removed and the station lost its function permanently.
Several people have lived in this old station over the years, but after asbestos were found, the building was fenced off and boarded down.